In addition to his local work, Richard was also appointed as an IET Professional Registration Assessor in 2007 and also acted as a PR Advisor and mentor.Away from his professional life, Richard was a dedicated family man, a keen walker, gardener, volunteer charity worker, 10 Pin Bowler and "do-it yourselfer".The academy has undergone a huge transformation for its 1000 students, with an innovative curriculum and a personalised approach to learning enabling them to realise their vocational, practical, creative and academic abilities.

dating south yorks-53

As always - If you have any suggested topics you would like us to consider, or events you would like to see included in our programme, please contact Brian Heathcote at [email protected] or any committee member Back in November 26 of our local Young Professionals went on a site visit to the DRAX Power station, in Selby, North Yorkshire.

During the visit they learnt that DRAX now uses USA imported biomass, over coal, as it is cleaner, especially being a waste product of the logging industry.

If you are already in possession of a PRC and you wish to report any changes, then please attend your nearest police station where your PRC will be updated accordingly free of charge - See Section 7 for more details.

If you have already registered in a different police force area, you will need to ‘transfer’ to South Yorkshire.

As a Chartered Engineer, Richard was heavily involved in the work of The IET and its forerunner IEE (Institution of Electrical Engineers), joining the South Yorkshire Local Committee in 1988 and serving as Secretary from 1992 through the transition to the IET until 2007 and taking the Chair from 2008 to 2012.

Richard was also a long serving member of the IET Yorkshire & Humber Regional Committee, latterly as Editor of the Regional Newsletter (see above).

You are advised not to carry the PRC with you but to keep it in a safe place, together with your passport and other travel documents.

If you are asked to produce the PRC, you will be given 48 hours in which to do so at any police station.

Advice for overseas visitors and students, living/studying in the South Yorkshire When you enter the UK for the first time you may be asked to register with the police as part of your visa conditions.